The inspiration came from 2 completely different angles, a desire to want to get all the babes together again and of course the season of monsters and gobblins, Halloween. And so here we have it, a wild playdate geared around making a monster mess with Monster Slime.
All our husbands grew up together, we all got married around the same time, give or take a few years and course kids came thereafter, give or take a few years. So of course getting them together as often as we can is something us wives do often, but it’s not always easy. The kids ages range from 2 to 5 and finding things that they can all do is not always easy. Crafts has been something that we find success in, a little creative session, a little play, and a lot of mess. Everyone leaves happy and connected once again. I love this little extended family we’ve created. Looking forward to our yearly “Chosen Family Christmas Dinner”.
(original recipe and inspiration via The 36th Avenue)
- 1 Bottle Clear Glue
- 2 tbsp Sparkles //or more, you choose
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Borax
- 1 tbsp Water
- Glass Jar //with lid
- First mix 1 tsp of Borax with 1 cup of Water, mix until dissolved and set aside
- Empty your Glue into a bowl and add 1 tbsp Water and mix until combined
- Next pour the Borax mixture into your Glue mixture and work together with your hands.
- Once it starts to come together pull it out of the remaining water and into your jars
- Next decorate your Jar and your done.
TELL ME all your cool things that you do with Borax, Pinterest has told me that I’m crazy to just use it to clean clothes; Hello, BORING! Share a link to your favorite DIY using Borax and I’ll add them to my children’s craft board on Pinterest.